Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays so I must admit that I was a little bummed that it really isn't a celebrated holiday here in Australia. It is gaining in popularity but aside from some drunk partiers and girls looking to dress up as slutty pirates, slutty police officer, slutty princesses (you get the point- it is 80 degrees so bare costumes work well) there wasn't much activity. We searched and searched but the only kid friendly activity was a lame holiday party thrown by the library and a bit of trick or treating in the ex-pat neighborhood. Of course we didn't let that stop us. After all Nate has been dressing up in his spidey costume practicing since July. But when we got to the actual day he changed his mind and decided that he wanted to dress up as the dog from Shaun the Sheep, his new favorite show.
If you haven't seen Shaun -check it out this site http://www.shaunthesheep.com/ - you can download episodes- they are only ~10 minutes each. I am not sure who laughs more and is the bigger fan -Michael or Nate. So with only a few hours to shop and create a costume out of nothing we set off on a search for required pieces - clipboard, dog nose, collar, etc. Check out the photo- I think we did a pretty good job. The rest of the family printed off sheep masks and went as Nate's flock.
Pure joy and happiness can only describe his glow at his doggie look. He was giddy hopping and blowing his whistle down the corso. He and Reese enjoyed just watching the other kids at the lame party - choosing not to participate in any of games. And our shy boy gave up on trick or treating which required talking and asking for candy (I guess I am happy with the fact that he didn't want to talk to strangers) after receiving 1 lollipop.
So much for this Halloween. Hope you all had a great time.




Bitzer the sheep watch dog


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy Halloween! Nate looks great. Glad the weather is lovely for you. JSYK-it's about 45degrees here with the occasional rain/hail storm.