Monday, January 19, 2009

First Day of School





Nate's first day at school




After a five month hiatus due to the move Nate started his new school today. I've been concerned that it would be a hard separation after being home with mom and dad for so long. We've been reading books about going to school, going over the routine plans, etc...



Apparently my concern was totally unwarranted. There was no push back or whining about getting ready this morning. Not even our typical battle of to wear or not to wear jammies out of the house (especially flannel in the 80 degree heat) and no squirming during sun screen application. Was this really my son? Within two minutes of arrival at school he was seated at the computers with headphones on trying to learn a new game. He couldn't have cared less if I was there or not.


(aw mom not another photo)





I guess it was only a hard day for me. Nate loved his new school and said that everyone was nice.



Sister dropping me off (I think she wanted to stay and go to school too)

3 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

He does look so big. It is amazing how they are ready to move on when we aren't.

Have you tried the spray on sunscreen? It has totally saved all of our collective sanity.

Unknown said...

Wow, Nate looks so big with his backpack all ready for school! Its amazing how time flies.
hugs from sweden!

Ciana said...

I can't believe Nate is so big!!! I am old - glad to know you guys are all doing well in Oz =)