Monday, November 9, 2009

We may never leave Australia

Mom & sister do not read this post!!!! Don't want you to get worried about our return.

Ben & Jerry's just opened a concept store in Manly- I believe its their first in Australia. I've been tracking the construction progress for weeks but now it is officially open. Can't rely how psyched I am. It isn't like Manly is short on ice cream shops - I can think of four without trying. But come on ...it is Ben & Jerry's. In addition to the excellent quality product it brings back fun memories of college- they delivered to the dorms (can you say freshman 20 lbs). We went last Friday night- funny story....the doors were closing so I ran in holding Reese with Nate following. I thought that they were about to close and didn't want to miss out but turned out it was a private function- sort of a training event for the staff. They took pity on the stupid but excited American woman in a frenzy about their store opening and let us stay. Best part was that each ice cream was only $1! So we went again this weekend - during legit hours. Just as tasty just more expensive (and a little less melted- I think they worked out the kinks in the freezer).


Ben & Jerry's fan club- Australia chapter:



No comments: