Only 4 More days till Xmas! Tonight we went for an after dinner walk around our neighborhood checking out all the light displays (a couple of over the top houses). Nate was taking notes and wants us to decorate our house so we have the most lights. I haven't found a giant blow up Grinch for Michael and might have to import one from the States. As we walked around the block he came up with some great santa questions: why does he come at night, do the reindeer really fly, why doesn't anyone see him, why can't we go to the north pole and see him, etc. Then when we went to see "santa" at the mall for the photo Nate told me- "I don't think he was the real guy". I think he wants to believe (if nothing else then for the gifts) but his logically big brain (and skeptical genes) make him question the logic.If you have kids- check out the track santa website- http://www.noradsanta.org/
Anyway- we have the menorah out and the tree up (a true bi-cultural event). The kids made some decorations. Most Aussies have fake trees- I guess that is more green- so we had to buy a fake one too. I've never owned a fake tree before, nor assembled one- LOT of parts. It is cool and neater- no dropping leaves- but you miss the smell of pine. The kids tried to help with the assembly but ended up just playing inside the box- it was pretty cute.
Have a merry christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment