Thursday, March 18, 2010

follow on to update

I forgot to mention another cancer/chemo "positive" - my nails are long. Bizarre really- my nails are long and pretty strong- so much that I need to trim them for fear of cutting myself. Of course I am not "allowed" to go to a nail salon and get a manicure (can't risk cutting my cuticles and getting an infection). Yet on the other hand if I get a paper cut or minor scratch or even a pimple (surprisingly my complexion is clear- must be my calm zen like state of mind), it takes weeks to heal. What like I don't have any white blood cells left working anymore. Anyway it is all fascinating to notice how my body is impacted. Of course I would have been willing to read about it versus experience it first hand.
ok- biology class is over....

1 comment:

penny said...

love the updates..I deeply appreciate how very very well you negotiate your priorities between health, treatment, teamwork, children, & ongoing day-to-day stuff.
In the passover zone about now...Jerry and I will go the Fairway... remember that large crazy busy supermarket not far from us at W.74th St on Broadway...well that's where I will purchase some first cut grass-fed briskets for Mon night...it will be me jerry beth paul emily and michael and cousin rachel (susan's youngest daughter)and hopefully Jerry's Uncle Harry. Was thinking smoked whitefish appetiz.or small portions of baked salmon with sesame oil,soy,ginger with engive (no soup) brisket,gravy, potatoes, applesauce and haritcots verte...& have someone bring choc cake and I'll get maccaroons. miss you dearly xxxxx