Last week I finished my last treatment session! It has been a long 9 months full of many doctors visits, treatments, medications, hospitals, etc…and now it is finished. My rein as the poster girl for cancer is over. It still feels a bit weird to wake up and have no appointment to run off to. But it is something that I will happily get used to :) I am feeling good- back to normal energy level and my hair has grown back enough that I can go out without a scarf (although it is a very short cut look- see photo).
The short version for those who didn’t follow the blog updates:
• I had aggressive chemo treatments from Jan- April in an effort to shrink the tumor pre-surgery and stop any spreading. The magic poison did a fantastic job shrinking the tumor from 4 CM to almost nothing.
• Then in June I had surgery – great report- no lymph node spreading and the chemo had “A Complete Response” – i.e. no live cancer cells found
• Followed up with 6 weeks of daily radiation treatment
I will still be seen by some cancer related specialist quarterly for the next couple of years but I am “cancer free” and the statistics are positive not getting it again.
I can’t begin to thank everyone for the overwhelming support, love, and well wishes ( & awesome care packages) that came my way throughout this ordeal. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful - I am truly lucky to have such an incredible support network.
Special thanks to Michael for being the best partner; mom and Jody for coming out; Jen for both coming out and several over the top care packages; Deb & the NJ sister’s prayer group; Ali – by breast cancer buddy for going through it all together.
Love
Mimi
1 comment:
Mims, I am so, so thrilled for you! Now it's time to get back to those beautiful kids and wonderful husband and keep the past behind you! Congrats! Much love always, Jeanne
Post a Comment