Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween. We've been looking forward to Halloween for weeks. We decided to dress as a family of ninjas - it was quite a comfy outfit. I sewed everyone hoods and bought plastic swords (it was a miracle that they didn't break before halloween). Our old au pair and good friend Ang was visiting from Scottland so as an adopted member of the family she was a ninja too (we called her sparkly ninja, Michael was flip flop ninja, Reese was fussy ninja, I was mommy ninja, and Nate was ninja master).

We went to our friend's house - to trick or treat in an area known to celebrate the holiday. It is pretty hit or miss here although it is getting more popular every year. This year we had 40+ kids come to our door and that was just in the 30 minutes before we left....and it was a good thing we left as I hadn't bought a lot of candy. I was scouring the kitchen for treats. We didn't get to do much trick or treating :( - a lot of houses ran out of candy then it started to rain. We got inside just in the nick of time before it started to pour. The kids did't need that much candy anyway. The most fun part was dressing up.




No comments: