We had a great weekend. It was warm and sunny - around 20 degrees and it felt fantastic. The schools are closed last week and this week for winter holiday so we had nothing on our schedule- no soccer games, no baseball games - FREEDOM! . Plus Michael is out of town so I wanted to leave our plans flexible. Like the Sundays of my childhood when mom and I would set out on an adventure checking out some new town or beach I felt the urge to explore a new area of Sydney. On Sunday Angela, Nate, Reese and I explored the Northern Beaches coastline. We passed beach after lovely beach until reaching Palm Beach (where the North Beaches peninsula reaches a dead end). You may recall a prior entry about Palm Beach and the nice lighthouse climb there. Instead we took a passenger ferry across to the Ku-ring-gai national park. There is a small campground there accessible only by boat (the rest of the park is quite huge). We learned that in the summer the place is mobbed with tents but we found it almost empty and peaceful. It was a lovely day - we had a nice picnic, played with the native wallaby, looked for crabs, and napped on the blanket (well Reese did at least). All and all an excellent day.
No comments:
Post a Comment