

Now that I am a stay at home mom (a woman of leisure as Michael likes to tease) I have been enjoying rediscovering my love of cooking.
You need to check out my new favorite cooking site....of course referred to me by my great friend Lisa the gourmet. http://www.smittenkitchen.com/ - I absolutely love it. We've gotten into making our own pasta. In fact I've have been cooking a lot in the last month- made excellent choc chip banana bread (see above), apple/cranberry turnovers (see above)-soooooo easy- a great thing to bring to book club or make for a special breakfast or dessert treat- look up the barefoot countessa recipe- she used apples and dried cherries but I liked (& only had) dried cranberries....seriously it took 10 minutes to make and the store bought puffed pastry made it easy and looked great. Nate has been my little chef helper- we've been watching this Top Chef like Australia show Masterchef so he's been into the food thing lately. Last night he made mac & cheese by himself and today he made mini berry shortbread cakes from a kid's cookbook we checked out from the library. He is so cute when he cooks and talks about cooking. He rates all my meals. His descriptions are very funny - "I love the combination here", or "30 out of 10" - he doesn't quite get the rating score thing ;) For now, until his tastes improve I'll enjoy the compliments.
No comments:
Post a Comment